The 8 Best Cafes for Latte Art in Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo is known for its obsession with coffee culture and artful presentation. Nowhere is this more evident than in the city’s cafes, where baristas create stunning designs in the foam of lattes.
From 3D foam sculptures to illustrations of your favorite anime characters, here are the 8 best cafés for latte art in Tokyo:
Best latte art japan has
1. Reissue in Harajuku 3d latte art in Tokyo
- Reissue is famous for its 3D latte art, which makes your coffee into a sculptural work of art. Show the baristas a photo on your phone and they’ll recreate it in foam on your latte (starting at 1,200 JPY).
- The expert latte artists can do anime characters, pets, landscapes, and more in incredible realistic detail. It’s an unforgettable experience.
- Reissue has a hip, retro interior to match the surrounding Harajuku neighborhood. It’s cash only.
- Address: 6 Chome-16-3 Jingumae, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0001. See it on Google Maps.
Other Japan Articles
2. Streamer Coffee Company japanese latte art in Tokyo
- Streamer Coffee was founded by Hiroshi Sawada, the 2008 World Latte Art Champion. He brought his award-winning skills to Streamer’s many Tokyo locations.
- The latte art ranges from simple hearts and rosettas to detailed portraits, done with an expert hand. Streamer also has excellent coffee and food.
- With free WiFi, ample seating, and outlets, Streamer is a great place to work remotely while enjoying a beautifully crafted latte.
- Address: multiple locations in Tokyo. See them on their website.
3. Ballon D’essai in Shimokitazawa Tokyo 3d latte art
- This cozy, artistic café features latte art that looks almost too cute to drink. Think cartoon characters, animals, and more created in the foam.
- The interior, with local artists’ illustrations on the walls, matches the whimsical vibe of the neighborhood.
- Ballon D’essai serves an expertly balanced coffee blend and tempting baked goods like chocolate cake.
- Address: 2 Chome-18-2 Kitazawa, Setagaya City, Tokyo 155-0031. See it on Google Maps.
4. Hat Coffee in Asakusa 3D Latte art in Tokyo
- Hat Coffee is home to latte art genius Kohei Matsuno. Give him any photo and he’ll recreate it in foam or 3D latte art (starting at 650 JPY).
- Beyond the artistic lattes, Hat Coffee uses high quality beans and has a hip interior with industrial accents.
- Located in Tokyo’s old city, Asakusa, it’s a great spot to refuel after visiting the nearby temples. Reservations are recommended.
- Address: 6-1-2 Asakusa, Taito City, Tokyo 111-0032. See it on Google Maps.
5. Roar Coffeehouse & Roastery in Hatchobori Japan Latte Art
- Roar stands out for its colorful latte art, with rainbow patterns and designs. Choose to get the espresso poured before or after for different effects.
- The salted caramel and honey lattes, featuring in-house roasted beans, are popular orders.
- Roar has a welcoming vibe and outdoor seating facing a small public park, perfect on sunny days.
- Address: 1 Chome-5-5 Hatchobori, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0032. See it on Google Maps.
6. Lattest cafe in Harajuku Japanese latte art
- This all-female team of baristas creates incredible portrait latte art, from anime characters to celebrities and more.
- Beyond the lattes, Lattest has a strong coffee menu and prides itself on a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
- Located on a charming street in fashionable Harajuku, it’s a must-visit for coffee and people watching.
- Address: 4 Chome-28-3 Jingumae, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0001. See it on Google Maps.
7. Nissan Crossing Cafe in Ginza Coffee latte art Japan
- At Nissan’s high-tech showroom, the café has a futuristic printer that can print your face directly onto a foamy latte.
- You can also get 3D printed latte of Nissan cars like a GT-R. It starts at 500 JPY for a hot latte, 600 JPY iced.
- The modern cafe is on the 2nd floor of Nissan Crossing, in the heart of glitzy Ginza.
- Address: 2 Chome-6-1 Ginza, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-8023. See it on Google Maps.
8. Hattifnatt in Kichijoji 3d latte art in tokyo Japan
- This adorable, fairy tale-inspired café is filled with dreamy illustrations. The cute latte art matches the aesthetic.
- Choices like matcha (650 JPY) and caramel lattes (600 JPY) come with designs like bears and hearts in the foam.
- Beyond the gram-worthy lattes, Hattifnatt serves whimsical desserts like chocolate cake with cocoa mousse.
- Address: 1 Chome-10-5 Kichijoji Honcho, Musashino, Tokyo 180-0004. See it on Google Maps.
With so many options, a latte art pilgrimage through Tokyo cafés is a must for any coffee lover visiting the city. Sip beautifully crafted creations as you experience Tokyo’s coffee obsession firsthand.
Planning a trip to japan:
Ultimate japan travel planning Guide
find these helpful japan articles and resources to plan your ultimate trip to Japan: