4 Boat Tour in Cinque Terre You Need to Book
Cinque Terre, Italy
by Coco Tran On December 2, 2023
Boat tours are one of the best ways to explore the spectacular seaside villages of Cinque Terre. From luxurious private cruises to small group sunset tours, cruising by boat allows you to experience breathtaking coastal views and swim in secluded coves not accessible by land.
I’ve rounded up the top 5 boat tours in Cinque Terre that you need to book for your upcoming trip. Whether you’re looking for a romantic outing, family adventure or budget-friendly option, you’ll find an incredible boat excursion that fits your travel style.
Best boat tour in Cinque Terre:
No time to read full article? This is the best Cinque Terre Boat Tour I recommend
Luxury boat tour in Cinque Terre
In This Article: Table of Contents
top 2 amalfi coast boat tours to book:
your time is valuable so here are two top rated and best amalfi coast boat tours I recommend:
Luxury Cinque Terre private boat tour
If those two are not for you, I have 3 more below to help you pick the perfect Amalfi Coast Boat tour!
4 Best Cinque terre boat tours – Boat tours cinque terre
book one of these 4 incredible boat tours for an unforgettable experience.
Other Italy Articles:
why you need to book an Cinque terre boat tour
This tour is rated #1 thing to do by Conde Naste Traveler and Tripadvisor many years in a row. It’s one of the most quintessential things you have to experience in Cinque Terre.
Boat tours are hands down the best way to experience the majestic beauty of Cinque Terre. Cruising by sea allows you to see the colorful cliffside villages, dramatic coastlines and secluded swimming coves from unique vantage points you simply can’t get on land.
Here are just some of the reasons to book a boat tour on your Cinque Terre trip:
- Marvel at spectacular coastal views of the villages dotting the cliffs and sea
- Soak up brilliant perspectives of the terraced vineyards and rugged landscapes
- Access remote swimming holes and pristine areas only reachable by boat
- Avoid overcrowded trains and trails by hopping between villages by sea
- Snap eye-popping photographs from on deck or while treading turquoise waters
- Indulge in quintessential Italian relaxation: think breeze, sun and wine
- Learn about local history and culture from expert captains
- Enjoy private and personalized experiences just for you or your group
Booking a boat tour takes your Cinque Terre trip to the next level. Keep reading for the top 5 boat excursions you need to reserve now before your dates sell out!
Best Time To Visit Cinque Terre for A Boat Tour:
- April-May: Excellent shoulder season months with fewer tourists, lower prices, and pleasant temps in the 60s-70s°F (15-24°C). The landscape is lush and blooming with flowers like wisteria.
- June: Tourism starts picking up in June though crowds are still manageable. Temperatures get warmer in the 70s-80s°F (20s °C). Avoid the Italian holiday of Corpus Christi (June 15-16) when locals flock to Cinque Terre.
- July-August: High season with the most crowds and highest prices. Temperatures are hot and humid, in the 80s-90s°F (27-32°C). Your best bet is booking boat tours that depart early in the morning when it’s cooler.
- September: One of the best months to visit. The summer crowds dissipate, but water is warm for swimming and temps are still lovely. Prices also drop.
- October: Another excellent shoulder season month. The harvest occurs in October so you can enjoy grape and olive picking festivals. There’s a chance of rain but otherwise pleasant weather.
- November-March: Cinque Terre shuts down and attractions close. Boat tours don’t run except on very rare warm sunny days. Come here April through October.
No matter when you visit, booking your boat tour ahead of time ensures you lock in the excursion you want on your preferred date. Just steer clear of Italian holidays and weekends when locals flock to Cinque Terre.
What to consider when booking an Cinque Terre boat tour:
Here are some key factors to consider when booking an Amalfi Coast boat tour:
- Tour Duration – Cinque Terre boat tours can range from half-day options to full-day tours. Consider how much time you want to spend on the water and in the coastal towns.
- Group Size – Look for small group or private tours if you want a more intimate, less crowded experience. Larger boats typically carry 10-25 people.
- Inclusions – Check what’s included – transportation, food/drink, tickets, equipment etc. Some tours include lunch, drinks and snorkel gear for instance.
- Itinerary – Boat tours stop at different towns and highlights along the coast. Choose an itinerary that covers your top destinations
- Boat Type – Consider the boat size, age, and setup. Newer, smaller boats tend to provide a smoother ride. Many have sun decks, shade, restrooms, and comfy seating.
- Cancellation Policy – Boating is weather dependent. Look for tours with flexible cancellation/rebooking policies in case of rough water.
- Budget – Prices can range widely based on the inclusions, boat size, destinations, and duration. Have a budget in mind when booking.
- Reviews – Look at recent reviews and photos for an honest idea of the tour quality and experience from other travelers.
- Sea Conditions – Tours may get canceled in case of stormy weather. Keep sea conditions in mind when scheduling. Keep your day before and the day after flexible just in case of a reschedule due to weather
The Best Cinque terre boat tours
4 Best Cinque terre boat tours – Boat tours cinque terre
Here is my personal recommended 4 incredible Cinque Terre boat tours to book:
1. Luxury boat tour in Cinque Terre
This luxurious private cinque terre boat trip is perfect for indulging in the tranquil beauty of Cinque Terre with your travel companions. Here are the highlights:
- Cruise along the coast in a private boat just for your group of up to 6 people
- Visit all 5 villages of Cinque Terre including Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore
- Stop to swim and snorkel in secluded coves and ocean caves
- Savor an aperitif of Prosecco, water and soft drinks on board
- No need to navigate or work the boat, your private skipper does it all
This 3 hour tour is the ultimate way to take in the pearlescent seaside villages of Cinque Terre in style. With a private boat and guide catering just to you, it’s ideal for couples, families and small groups seeking a special experience off the beaten path.
“Best thing we did in Cinque Terre…wish we would have booked it everyday!”
2. Day Boat tour in Cinque Terre Private
For a more budget-friendly private boat tour, this 4 hour excursion from La Spezia is ideal. Highlights include:
- Cruise across the Gulf of Poets into the protected Cinque Terre marine park
- Swim and snorkel in the turquoise waters and secluded coves
- Visit all 5 villages and learn about their history from your skipper
- Enjoy regional snacks like focaccia and pesto with wine and soft drinks
With your own boat and captain, you’ll avoid the crowds and get to see the Cinque Terre at its most peaceful and picturesque. It’s a relaxing way to take in the colorful fishing villages and dramatic cliffs dotting this stunning stretch of coastline.
“Our boat captain, Andrea, was so knowledgeable about the area. He gave us a choice of where we wanted to go and made stops for swimming and photos.”
3-Hour Private Boat Tour Cinque Terre
For an intimate small group experience, book this semi-private boat trip limited to just 12 guests. Highlights of this laid-back Cinque Terre cruise include:
- Admire the colorful villages of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso al Mare
- Stop to swim in the bright blue sea and explore enchanting ocean caves
- Taste Ligurian specialties like homemade pesto and focaccia bread
- Avoid crowds on this small shared boat with only 12 spots
With fewer passengers than most tours, you’ll have ample space to relax on deck and truly soak up the romantic seascapes along this UNESCO-protected coastline. It’s a memorable way to experience Cinque Terre’s beauty with new friends.
“Seeing Cinque Terre by boat is very picturesque.”
4. Half-Day Private Tour of Cinque Terre with a Traditional Gozzo
For an intimate small group experience, sail the Cinque Terre coastline on a traditional wooden gozzo boat limited to just 12 passengers. Highlights include:
- Admire the pastel fishing villages from Vernazza to Monterosso al Mare
- Stop to swim in secluded turquoise coves along the coast
- Indulge in delicious local snacks and drinks on board
- Learn about the region’s history and culture from your captain
With a cozy small group, this is a memorable way to take in the Mediterranean breezes, charming villages, and rugged natural beauty of this UNESCO wonder.
“Alessandro and co provided the best highlight of our trip to Cinque Terre.”
Is it worth doing a boat tour in Cinque Terre?
Yes, boat tours are absolutely worth it for seeing Cinque Terre! They offer unique perspectives of the colorful cliffside villages and dramatic coastline that you just can’t get from land. Boat tours allow you to access secluded swimming coves and really soak up the romantic seascapes that make Cinque Terre so special. Many tours also include wine, snacks and stops in less crowded villages. For photography, sunbathing, swimming and avoiding crowded trails, boat tours are 100% recommended in Cinque Terre.
How much is the boat tour in Cinque Terre?
Boat tour prices in Cinque Terre vary from about $100 per person for short shared tours to over $1,000 for private chartered cruises. Small group boat tours generally range from $100-$300 per person for 2-4 hour tours. Private boats for up to 6 people average $600-$1,500+ depending on the duration. Sunset tours usually cost more as well. You can find very affordable options for getting out on the water in Cinque Terre.
How long is boat ride from La Spezia to Cinque Terre?
The boat ride from La Spezia to Cinque Terre takes around 45 minutes to reach Monterosso al Mare, the northernmost Cinque Terre village. It’s about a 1.5-2 hour ride from La Spezia to see all 5 villages of Cinque Terre – Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore. Most tours stop in 2-3 villages but rides can be customized.
What is the best way to see Cinque Terre?
The best way to see Cinque Terre is a combination of hiking the trails between villages, taking the trains, and doing a boat tour. Hiking allows you to fully immerse yourself in the landscapes but can be crowded. Trains are easiest for hopping between villages but offer limited views. Boat tours provide stunning coastal vistas and access to swimming areas you can’t reach by foot. Taking a boat, train and hiking lets you experience the very best of all Cinque Terre has to offer!
Traveling To Italy | Italy Travel Planning Guide
- Italy Tours & activities
- Car Rental in Italy
- Book Trains & see Schedules Here
- Protect Your Trip & Your Health & Belongings!
- Travel Must Haves & What I use
Places to Visit in Italy
- Which region in italy to visit ?
- Best Town in Northern Italy You Have To See!
- Lake Garda Vs lake Como
Regions Of italy
- Best Bout Tours In Lake Como
- Best Garden Tours of Lake Como
- See Lake Como from the Air: Helicopter Tour
- Most Beautiful Gardens To Visit In Lake Como
- Best Lake Como Food Tours
- Lake Como or lake Maggiore
- Things To Do In Lake Como
- Visiting Villa Del Balbianello
- Where To Stay in Lake Como (best towns & hotels)
- how to get from milan to lake como
- How To Get From Milan to Bellagio Lake Como
- Visiting Orrindo Di Bellano Italy
- 5 best golf cart tours in rome
- Best Skip The Line tickets & tours Colosseum
- Rome Colosseum Ticket hacks & Tours
- 27 Best Things To Do in Rome
- Renting a car in milan
- How To Get From Milan to Bellagio Lake Como
- Visiting Sagra Di San Michele
- Milan To Portofino day trip: Travel Guide
Dolomites Italian Alps
- Best Luxury Hotels in The Dolomites
- How To visit Lago Di Carezza
- 23 Best things to do in Dolomites
- 13 Most Beautiful Lakes Dolomites Has
- Best Town to Stay In The Dolomites
Planning Your Italy Trip: Tips & Guides
- DRIVING TIPS : All you need to know (rules and requirements)
- Renting a Car in Italy
- HOW TO: Get To Lake Como From Milan
- MUST KNOW TIPS: What I wish I had Known Before Going To Italy!
- How To Plan A trip: Complete A-Z
- How To Find Cheap Flights
- How To set up Google Flight Alerts